Pegasus Senior Living is made up of individual Associates united by a commitment and dedication to the highest quality of service delivery to our residents with a sense of warmth, compassion, individual pride and company spirit. To achieve our mission, each associate strives to always do the right thing. Recognizing that excellence is a process achieved through continuous improvement, we value and apply lessons learned from the feedback we receive from all of our stakeholders.
To our Associates, we pledge to
- Promote a culture of excellence.
- Provide strong leadership, team building and empowerment.
- Encourage all associates to work hard and play hard every day.
- Encourage professional and personal growth for all our Associates.
To our Residents, we pledge to
- Celebrate and enhance their lives.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Always remember that choice and compassion are at the heart of our profession.
To our investors, we pledge to be great stewards of our resources.
Responsible for the management, planning and directing the activities of the dietary department and managing/supervising dietary staff when the Executive Chef/Dining Services Director/Sous Chef is absent. Responsible for food service standards, policies and procedures, equipment, systems, city and state regulations and work areas while providing the highest quality of food service for residents. Coordinates closely with nursing staff to ensure resident's needs are constantly being met, as required in the assisted living and/or memory care. Promotes the company’s mission statement.
- Develops and maintains standards for dining services to the Residents to include preparation, presentation and efficient meal service delivery.
- Conducts inventory, storing and preparation of food according to the provided menus and regulations.
- Maintains procedures to meet safety and sanitation standards in order to assure compliance with governmental regulations.
- Provide leadership and supervision of dietary staff associates such as wait staff, dietary assistants, cooks, dishwasher, etc., as requested.
- Maintains regular schedule of work activities and assignments to assure effective food service.
- Prepares food items and serves food to Residents within scheduled time frame.
- Follows menu cycle, noting changes or substitutions made.
- Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and dining room.
- Assures compliance with state sanitation code.
- Orders all supplies and maintains inventory control, as assigned. Verifies orders received, assuring needed goods are on hand.
- Maintains quality of food services, quantity prepared and sanitation of food preparation area.
- Maintains clean, neat and safe working environment.
- Assures that Resident food needs and preferences are known. Coordinates menu requirements of the resident with the nursing staff, as needed.
- Assures staff, Resident and guest meals are accounted for daily.
- Maintains meal service records as required.
- Reports problems, concerns, issues observed with food service and communicates them appropriately.
- Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them appropriately.
- Observes other problems and communicates them appropriately.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative policy training in performing all job assignments.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Records Resident information as required.
- Avoids loss, breakages and waste of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, worker safety and other emergency procedures.
- Knows and implements infection control protocols as required.
- Assures correct procedures in preparation of food and inspects quantity, quality, temperature, and appearance of food prior to serving.
- Evaluates resident acceptance of menu items and makes substitutions available as requested or required.
- Maintains records/receipts regarding dietary operations. Submits purchase invoices and receipts to the appropriate staff for processing to include coding, as requested.
- Attends in-service training as required.
- Reports all suspicions of abuse, neglect and/or financial exploitations of a Resident immediately to the supervisor, as described in the Company’s policy and procedures on reporting.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of resident information at all times.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to prepare and serve a wide range of foods skillfully.
- Ability to perform and instruct others in food preparation, food serving and cleaning tasks.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record/follows work schedule.
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately toward accomplishing assigned tasks.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Displays cleanliness, good grooming and personal appearance and follows dress requirements.
- Ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
- nteracts in professional manner with Residents, public, co-workers.
- Works cooperatively with management.
- Displays willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to transfer residents.
- Maintains car in good working order, current driver’s license in good standing and auto insurance meeting company minimums is current.
Ability to organize their time, follow-up with the ability to perform job tasks efficiently.
- Ability to teach/train others effectively.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Demonstrates team player with a positive attitude; able to work with Community Team Members and Regional Company Support staff.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and provide information as requested and required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Level of Experience -
One (1) to two (2) years of experience in a similar position preferred. Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to health and safety in food preparation. Demonstrated ability in food preparation and services. Management/supervisory experience is necessary.
Education, Technical or Professional License(s)/Certification(s) -
Meet continuing education requirements and certifications on job classification and position, including state and local requirements. Successful completion of an approved state food service supervisor course, as required.