Who is ConstructConnect?
ConstructConnect comprises the legacy businesses of BidClerk, Construction Data Company, CMD Group, and iSqFt. At ConstructConnect, everything we do is focused on making it easier for the construction industry to collaborate and connect – with one another and the information they need to succeed.
- 17 days of paid time off, 8 paid holidays, and 2 floating holidays your first year
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Individual career plans and opportunities throughout the United States and Canada
- Health and wellness program
- Rich benefits including:
- 401K with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Paid Volunteer hours
- Generous paternal leave
- Highly collaborative and passionate team members
What do we need at ConstructConnect?
The Sales Director will coach, mentor, and support, Sales Consultants and Team Leads in sales efforts within their assigned markets.. This is a key leadership position in the company and one responsible for leading his/her team in a Value Selling transformation. The Sales Director is accountable for motivating, training, supporting the sales team in negotiating and closing deals, utilizing a consultative selling approach and technique to solidify the team’s progress in developing their pipeline and ultimately selling new customers. This position is accountable for maintaining sales metrics including, daily call volume and demo volume activity, and key metrics including: sales forecast reporting, pipeline reporting, opportunity tracking and won/loss data.
What will you do at ConstructConnect?
- Drive needs-based and consultative selling techniques to determine product and service needs for both new and ongoing accounts/prospects.
- Leading the team in an effort to focus on Value Selling, driven by a quality discovery process that uncovers key desired business outcomes.
- Assure timely response to all in-bound leads distributed to his/her sales team.
- Lead & train sales representatives and team leads to introduce new products to targeted prospects.
- Partner with the Corporate Trainer to develop and conduct training as it relates to inbound lead follow-up and inside (proactive) cold calling sales skills, sales techniques, and product knowledge.
- Perform ongoing call monitoring and taping for training, coaching, and quality purposes.
- Assist representatives in identifying prospect’s product needs, and jointly develop solutions for the customer.
- Provide appropriate input to Senior Management to develop and or adjust the focus of selling efforts in this group.
- Partner with Product Management and Development to provide a voice of the customer perspective.
- Maintain customer databases of prospects in
- Maintain accurate and timely win/loss information in
- Motivate and manage the team to develop new accounts through sound pipeline management, inbound lead follow-up, and cold calling against assigned lists of prospects.
- Partner with Performance coach and Team Leads to gather employee performance feedback and training opportunities.
- Perform basic leadership and supervisor tasks for the sales team; such as, monitoring sales performance, PTO requests, validating sales, addressing and resolving content issues with the appropriate individuals, providing coaching, mentoring and training for new and experienced sales representatives, web seminar coordination and other general leadership duties as deemed.
- Partner with Customer Success in customer retention efforts that lead to strong customer loyalty and reduced churn.
- Manage team engagement and camaraderie
What skills and experience do you need to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 7 years’ experience in B2B Consultative Selling
- Successful and consistent over performance to goal
- 3 years+ in leading a Value Selling-based software Sales team(s)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Good interpersonal and peer relationship skills,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Ability to work in team environment, driving team engagement
- A demonstrated winning attitude and high energy level
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Experience leading and training a sales team in a corporate environment.
What are the Physical Demands & Work Environment?
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the working day
- Needs to occasionally move about the office to communicate with staff and attend meetings
- Constantly operates a computer
- Frequently communicates verbally with peers and management
- Must be able to analyze detail close-up